Let’s talk about a bucket list. Simply put, a bucket list is a collection of ideas, dreams, or aspirations that you’d like to accomplish in your lifetime. Some people create several lists to accommodate the various areas of their lives, while others go for making one huge list. Regardless of how you want to do it, I’ve rounded up some pretty cool bucket list ideas!
Best Bucket List Ideas
Bucket List Ideas for Families
If you’ve never thought to do this… you can totally create a family-style bucket list. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Have a family game night.
- Plan a family cook off.
- Make a meal together.
- Travel to a unique place.
- Get a family pet.
- Volunteer at a shelter together.
- Go camping.
- Cook a meal together.
- Start a garden.
- Build a fort in the backyard (or living room).
- Make a family movie.
- Ride horses.
Bucket List Ideas for Kids
You don’t have to wait until you’re older to start a bucket list. In fact, you can teach kids how to dream and go for them at an early age. Here are some ideas for your kiddos’ bucket list:
- Build a treehouse.
- Have a lemonade stand.
- Overcome a fear.
- Skip rocks on a pond.
- Take a train ride.
- Ride on an airplane.
- Get buried in the sand.
- Collect seashells (or rocks).
- Learn to swim.
- Visit the zoo.
- Pet a wild animal (at the zoo).
- Perform in a play.
- Learn a new skill.
- Try a sport.
Bucket List Ideas for Couples
There’s a lot you can do together as a couple to make memories along the way. Here are some ideas of things to do:
- Have a double date.
- Go tech-free for one whole day.
- Write one another a love letter.
- Go on a couples retreat.
- Plan a couples spa day.
- Play a sexy game of Twister, Charades, etc.
- Binge watch a TV series.
- Have a picnic.
- Goal set for your future.
- Take an exotic trip.
- Sing karaoke together.
- Kiss at the top of a Ferris Wheel, monument building, mountain, etc.
- Start a new tradition.
Bucket List Ideas for Singles
When you’ve chosen to fly solo and have no responsibilities except for caring for yourself, here are some ideas just for you:
- Travel to an exotic location.
- Pamper yourself with the works.
- Have dinner and a movie by yourself.
- Take a class that interests you (yoga, dance, music, etc.).
- Plan a weekend trip with friends.
- Go skydiving.
- Have a go at snorkling.
- Learn a new language.
Crazy Bucket List Ideas
There are times when you may think to yourself, “Hhmm, would I be crazy to try ______?!” Chances are if you’re thinking it then the answer may be yes… but why not go for it? Here are some ideas to add a little crazy fun to you bucket list:
- Climb a mountain.
- Milk a cow.
- Travel to a third world country.
- Ride a wild animal (dolphin, camel, elephant, etc.).
- Base jump with a wingsuit.
- Climb a water tower.
- Deep water dive to a shipwreck.
- Fire walk.
- Bungee jump.
- Chase a tornado.
- Visit and/or climb a volcano.
- Sing and dance in a restaurant.
- Eat an exotic food.
Of course the bucket lists could go on and on, but the idea is to dream a little and enjoy life. It is short lived so be intentional about making time to plan fun things to do by yourself, as a couple, family, or whatever you have in mind!
I’d love to hear from you! What’s something you’ve always wanted to do? Share some things from your bucket list in the comments below! You may just give someone an idea they’ve never thought about before!!